Empire Lyric Players are dedicated to preserving and promoting the works of Gilbert and Sullivan. We are an amateur organization that produces professional-grade performances. Our alumni have sung with professional houses and our chorus is of extremely high caliber. Everyone who loves G&S will find a family of like-minded individuals. Come celebrate this lovely music with us!
Auditions for “H.M.S Pinafore” are Saturday, April 14th at Washington Park United Methodist Church, 1955 e. Arizona ave. Callbacks, if necessary, will be Sunday, April 15th.
Show dates are July 13, 14 & 15 at the Lakewood Cultural Center. Rehearsals are Fridays 7-10 and Sundays 1-4 at I-25 and Colorado.
Sign up for an audition time here!
Previous Members interested in chorus only need not audition. You must email firstname.lastname@example.org by April 13th to join the cast.
Roles below. Auditioners encouraged to prepare the music below, but may sing any piece in English that demonstrates their vocal ability.
- The Rt. Hon. Sir Joseph Porter, KCB, First Lord of the Admiralty (comic baritone) – music
- Captain Corcoran, Commander of H.M.S. Pinafore (lyric baritone) – music
- Ralph “Rafe” Rackstraw, Able Seaman (tenor) – music
- Dick Deadeye, Able Seaman (bass-baritone) – music
- Bill Bobstay, Boatswain’s Mate (baritone) – music
- Bob Becket, Carpenter’s Mate (bass)
- Josephine, The Captain’s Daughter (soprano) – music
- Cousin Hebe, Sir Joseph’s First Cousin (mezzo-soprano) – music
- Mrs. Cripps (Little Buttercup), A Portsmouth Bumboat Woman (contralto) – music
- Chorus of First Lord’s Sisters, His Cousins, His Aunts, Sailors, Marines, etc.
Questions? Reach us at: email@example.com