Empire Lyric Players are dedicated to preserving and promoting the works of Gilbert and Sullivan. We are an amateur organization that produces professional-grade performances. Our alumni have sung with professional houses and our chorus is of extremely high caliber. Everyone who loves G&S will find a family of like-minded individuals. Come celebrate this lovely music with us!
Auditions for “Iolathe” are Feb 25th (callbacks, if needed, will be Feb 26)
Show dates are June 23, 24 & 25 at the Cleo Parker Robinson Dance Theatre. Rehearsals are Fridays 7-10 and Sundays 1-4 at I-25 and Colorado.
Sign up for an audition time here!
Phyllis: We won’t wait long.
Strephon: No. We might change our minds. We’ll get married first.
Phyllis: And change our minds afterwards?
Strephon: That’s the usual course.
Roles below. Auditioners encouraged to prepare the music below, but may sing any piece in English that demonstrates their vocal ability.
- The Lord Chancellor (comic baritone) – music (as many pages as you like)
- George, Earl of Mountararat (baritone) – music
- Thomas, Earl of Tolloller (tenor) – music
- Private Willis, of the Grenadier Guards (bass) – music (one verse)
- Strephon, an Arcadian Shepherd (baritone) – music
- Queen of the Fairies (contralto) – music
- Iolanthe, a Fairy, Strephon’s mother (mezzo-soprano) – music
- Celia, a Fairy (soprano) – music
- Leila, a Fairy (mezzo-soprano) – music
- Fleta, a Fairy (speaking role/chorus)
- Phyllis, an Arcadian Shepherdess and Ward in Chancery (soprano) – music – music 2
- Chorus of Dukes, Marquises, Earls, Viscounts, Barons and Fairies – ladies music – men’s music
Questions? Reach us at: firstname.lastname@example.org